What is Thermobreak?
Thermobreak is a leading flexible thermal insulation material. Thermobreak Tube insulation is a preformed tube thermal insulation for steel, copper and plastic pipes.
Construction of Thermobreak
Thermobreak is made from physically cross-linked, closed-cell, and polyolefin foam, thermally fused to pure reinforced aluminium foil. Thermobreak® is also available with adhesive backing.
How does Thermobreak Preform?
Thermobreak thermal insulation provides superior energy saving performance. It has a lower thermal conductivity than other flexible closed cell thermal insulation materials and has near zero vapour permeability. Its all-in-one concept enables fast and simple installation, and trouble free operation, in a variety of environments.
Advantages of Thermobreak
- Optimum Thermal Insulation – Thermobreak can solve tight clearance issues with its very low thermal conductivity (k = 0.032 W/mK @ 23 Deg C).
- Water Vapour Resistance – Thermobreaks negligible water vapour performance (8.19 X10-15 Kg/Pa.s.m) means no additional vapour barriers or coatings are required.
- Safe To Use – Thermobreak is completely user friendly and does not emit fibres or dust during installation or in service. Thermobreak® is non-irritant, odourless, and will not support bacterial growth.
- Appearance & Durability – Thermobreak provides an appearance and performance that remains unchanged for the life of the building without sagging or giving a quilted look.
- Green Building Compliant – Certified Green Star product (VOC), Zero Global Warming Potential (GWP), Made without Ozone destroying agents such as CFCs or HCFCs